| 7 comments


outfit: f21 striped red tunic & tiered lace mini, vintage 40s hat, vintage crystal ring, diy gold chain necklace, and jessica simpson heels.


You don't know how happy I was to find these shoes because there was no way I was able to get the original Charles Anastase platforms! I was swooning for these a year ago (and his entire collection as well). So thank you Jessica Simpson, you made it into my shoe collection because of him. Speaking of shoes, I also ordered the Jeffrey Campbell 'Charli' platform clogs in natural and Cleo lace up sandals in mocha. I'm getting my "tan" on...Black is for winter, Tan is for Spring.

Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, and President Weekend..what a heavy holiday this past weekend and I was quite busy last week too - working for nearly 10hrs everyday and going into work on Saturday for 12 hrs straight. I was pretty delirious by the end of the night and having dinner at 10:30pm. I missed couple of events while I was busy finishing up lookbooks for a tradeshow. I felt really bad missing out on dinner with my family for Chinese New Year and promised to have brunch with them soon. And for Valentine's Day, the BF and I decided to make Heart Shaped Lobster Ravioli w/Pink Sauce from scratch. It was quite a process that took nearly 5hrs. We didnt anticipate it being that long and didn't actually eat til 1 in the morning! Now that's love :)

rolling the dough to create 2 layers of pasta

ingredients for the lobster stuffing

it smelled so good and we were contemplating on eating some beforehand

letting it cool down for 30mins

sealing the edges with a fork


after boiling them, we mixed it in with the pink sauce

boyfriend getting all delirious at midnight

gotta have rose champagne to complete our meal!

Look at our cute little antique stained table we got from ikea! our very first furniture piece in the apartment. place mats are from anthropologie and the black lace thing was leftover fabric from making the lace bunny ears last year. I was iffy about putting it there at first, but now I'm starting to love it. Plan on replacing those blinds with lace curtains and maybe another layer with vertical stripes to add height to our kitchen/dining area. It feels good to put my interior design skills to task.

by the end of the night i only had 2 pieces of the ravioli and was ready to fall asleep.

My heart sank when I first heard that developers are trying to take down the Hollywood sign and build luxury housing units that look over Los Angeles. How could they take away our only landmark in LA? I have comfort driving up and down La Brea everyday and see the Hollywood sign from afar. It's been here for years and the sign is significant to our city. What would become of San Francisco without the Golden Gate Bridge or New York without the Statue of Liberty??? You can't screw with history without people fighting for it and the only way I can bring attention to this is by taking a photo of the peak from the rooftop of my apt and blog about it. The Hollywood sign has been covered with "Save the Peak" last week in an effort to raise money to buy the acre of land to add to Griffith Park.

7 comments

myfloorisred.com said... @ 2/16/2010 11:43 PM

I want your heels, so gorgeous!

Jenn said... @ 2/17/2010 5:09 AM

I love the tulle inspired skirt under the striped tee. I never would have thought to put the two together. :)
Also your food looks delish. I would have made mac'n'cheez and called it good. :)

http://roxxybelle.blogspot.com

guildedsecret. said... @ 2/17/2010 12:52 PM

that is absolutely adorable that you and your boyfriend took the time to cook such a delicious-looking and sophisticated meal for valentine's day... very cute!

so sad to hear about the hollywood sign... i hope it remains there!

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

AlixRose said... @ 2/17/2010 1:41 PM

OH MY Gosh I love love the shoes. Jessica Simpson shoes are filling up my closet and I need those too. Awesome.
You got the Charli's.. you have to tell me how comfortable they are and if they make a lot of noise.
I posted about them yesterday and people seemed to think that they would be too loud and uncomfortable.

Ela said... @ 2/17/2010 4:58 PM

You are darling! I must call you Madelaine from now on!
That meal looks so sweet and soooo amazingly good. What a gorgeous time you had!

Oh and how could I forget...LOVE your shoes!!!

Neekoh said... @ 2/18/2010 10:28 AM

Wow, you guys WIN! My boy and I attempted to make sushi. I, of course, ate all the ingredients beforehand (fake crab is delicious, ok??). It's ok, though, because the sticky rice ended up sticking to my hands rather than the seaweed paper. Hah.

Those JS shoes are amazing. It makes me a little angry that she's so on-spot with her designs, so she ends up charging us ridiculous amounts. Blah... But the Jeffrey Campbell clogs are seriously on my "WANT NOW" list. Great buys, girl!

Hope things settle down for you a little bit. <3

MizzJ said... @ 2/21/2010 1:04 AM

Aww your bf is so sweet!! The lobster ravioli looks delish, but I can totally see why you would want to sneak eating some beforehand, it looks so yummy cooking there in that pan!

Man that is terrible about the sign - they can't take it down! I can't believe some celeb hasn't come forward with their oodles of money to save it.

Finally, I love your oufit particularly your hat and shoes!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin