| 5 comments

Despite the immense heat right now, I enjoy looking at fall pieces and dreaming about putting together looks and going around town in quirky outfits. I'm not sure what it is about fall, but it makes me feel so happy and warm inside. Maybe it's the colorful leaves, the earthy smell of the rain, the perfect LA weather that's a bit breeze but still warm at night. It makes me want to layer in lots of color combos instead of the neutrals I've been sporting all summer long.


I am in love with the new kate spade collection right now. Super fabulous.

Besides layering with clothes, it's the months where I actually want to play with accessories. I used to be a huge fan of pulling looks with hats, purses, and belts..but right now I'm really into vintage jewelry..especially reworked vintage jewelry. I wish I could afford buying the beauties from The Glamourai at Shrimpton Couture, but I'm afraid I have to find alternatives that still oozes glamour...so obviously it leads me to search on etsy. There are lots of great jeweler that are catching onto this fantastic art!


images: etsy and lolli

These will certainly define and complete any outfit.

PS. Forgive me for the lack of updates & replying to comments..I haven't really been online or inspired to dress up when it's hot, sticky, forest fires burning in the background and spending my hours working and preparing for market/fashion week. But soon! This blog will take full effect after a particular side project :)

5 comments

Ela said... @ 9/01/2009 10:49 AM

I adore Kate Spade's collection this season. Whimsical but still chic.
And I am addicted to layering neklaces, I can't get enough.

Thank you so much for your kind words yesterday. I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather and I hope your grandma is doing better. Wishing your family all the best. xx

yiqin; said... @ 9/01/2009 11:52 AM

Ah I loved their bags, now their clothes too!

Unknown said... @ 9/01/2009 8:49 PM

what a totally eclectic collection! i could never wear this much color at once, but i love the idea of experimenting with bold colors and prints. and are those gold buttons i see? i love me some good buttons.

Shantee said... @ 9/02/2009 11:59 AM

aww, i wish i had a chance to dress for fall too. it must be fun planning your outfits :)

Anonymous said... @ 9/02/2009 2:14 PM

The new KS collection looks so classic and chic. I like the coat in the second pic. Ugh, this weather reminds me of NJ weather.. sticky and humid. I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy muggy nights over the cold, but the heat is stifling here! And I'm adding you to my links. :)

xo, Becs

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin